- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, purchasing goods, posting information or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our site.
- In the course of supplying our goods to you.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Uses made of the information
We use personal data held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To supply our goods and any other obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, such as disclosing your personal data to third parties.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our goods or services.
- To comply with our legal obligations.
We may also use your personal data, or permit selected third parties to use your personal data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone. We may also share aggregate information with selected third parties but, in such circumstances, we do not disclose information which can identify you, such as your name.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal data, including any sensitive personal data where necessary, to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If our business or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our clients and customers will be one of the transferred assets.
This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.